PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

top pair top kicker after shove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top pair top kicker after shove

heey guys i think its an fold but not s**** because its a mirco stakes mtt. we where both almost average and i havent seen him doing any thing stupid
    http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...161_CC19008159
    Triple Bracelet Winner

Hi adohole,

Pretty annoying spot.

Limp, Call, Shove, nice line

I think the shove looks quite alot like a draw to me. Thats all that really makes sense. Problem is 1 pair doesn't do that great versus a draw and some over cards. There's a small chance it could be a smaller pocket pair just hoping you didn't raise with a 7 or 8 which is reasonable but probably still not a great shove.

It seems like a big pot to lose, but you have only invested 900 chips. I don't think we can commit 50BBs and give up the great start you have with just top pair here.

Calling could be slightly +EV but I thing it's very swingy. And not profitable enough to want to risk the great start.

I think you are right it's a fold and wait for a better spot.

Hope you did well.
    Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

ty ahar dit decent got 120th out of 3200
      Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.