PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Critical hand in most important moments!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical hand in most important moments!!!

EPTlive freeroll 4464/30000 Lost couple coin flip (5 I guess) ian row with premium cards... Was kind a short and got big slick in early position! full agro villian! Check my hand and brag about any tips?

You opened for 4bb, which pretty much commits you to calling a shove, as it's almost half your stack, but you're gonna hate it if you get flat called by a bigger stack and miss the flop, as you'll have to shove anyway.
    Since you started the hand with under 9 big blinds, just open shove it, as a 9bb push is less likely to attract multiple callers.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Denis Lovric! With AK from UTG+1, I've really only got 1 play and that is to open-shove and here's why. If my stack allowed for it, I would make a standard open-raise, which for this blind level is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper. However, if I raise to 1500, this is almost 1/3 of my stack, which means that I'm pot committed. Due to this, I cannot raise and even consider folding. Since I'm never going to fold here, I want to maximize my fold equity and open-shove. The last thing that I would want to have happen is to get multiple opps into the hand, as AK is not a made hand and plays much worse against multiple opps. Making a non-standard raise that is larger than normal is normally a tell for a big hand (QQ+, AK). Even with this, not one, but two opps shove, which says that they should have a premium made hand (which I do not), as it takes a better hand to call with than to bet/shove with. Keeping the bets standard will help to avoid situations like this, where I would basically turn my cards face-up to the opponents. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.