PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugh. So annoying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh. So annoying

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...750_2CB97C62E3

Think I played this a little poorly. At least it was cheap

**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi massive_set! With AK, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Since nobody has limped, I'll raise to 150. I want to keep my raise sizes standard to conceal my hand, as I'll make the same raise with AA, 77, 33, AK, JTs or any other hand that I want to play. The flop brings a pair and a flush draw. When the first opp checks to me, I'm going to bet 2/3 pot (371 chips). This will be enough to price out someone drawing at the flush. The turn is a third spade and the opp checks to me. Since I'm heads-up and I don't have a spade, I'm going to bet 1/2 pot (655). This will be for value, continuing to represent a pair or the flush since I've shown strength every street, and to make sure that if the opp has only a single spade, it is a -EV call for them. The river is a fourth spade and the opp makes a very small bet. Since their bet is so small, here is where a read on the opp comes into play. If there is a chance that the opp would bluff due to my turn check, then I'm calling here. I only have to be correct 11.7% of the time here to breakeven. If the opp is a total nit and only bets the nuts, then I'll muck. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.