PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL 90SNG: AKo, flopped TPTK, Bubble Trouble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL 90SNG: AKo, flopped TPTK, Bubble Trouble

I’ve moved tables and have only played 1 rotation. Villain has played all but one hand and is playing very marginal hands. I saw this as a great opportunity to increase my stack. However I am questioning wheatear or not I should have gotten involved in a hand on the bubble with this type of player.

Hi Stitches,

Why the large preflop raise sizing? 4x is really big for this stage, 2.5 is or even a bit less is much more common.

As played, I would be committed to playing for stacks after putting 20% of my stack in preflop and hitting top/top. Especially against a loose-goose who's in there with all kinds of a wide range, as I think we can definitely get money in against worse kings and draws, and maybe even just a queen.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Bubble Trouble

Hi Dave and thanks for the reply.
      My initial thought with 4X was just trying to get this fool to fold. I had just watched him suck out on 2 strong hands. As I am focusing on increasing my ITM%, I find myself second guessing this type of situation often. I became fixated on AK, position and the loose-goose call he would be making.

Stitches.

Comment

If he's loose, then you can raise bigger with big pairs (QQ+ and maybe JJ+) as you expect him to call. With a non-pair hand, you want to see the flop relatively cheaply. Making it ITM depends on survival. You don't surive very long if you put in a fifth of your stack in with no pair. If/when you make TPTK, THEN you can bet big, as you expect this villain to call with worse.
        Your post-flop play here is fine. Villain was in terrible shape on the flop, but sucked out. Unlucky for you.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.