PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100k Priv Freeroll - late - holding TT facing multiple shoves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100k Priv Freeroll - late - holding TT facing multiple shoves

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    No reads. When I play freerolls in the day is mostly a side thing to which I don't pay much attention. My reasoning, far from the bubble, blinds are up, stack is almost gone, their stacks too and I could be facing anything, instead of giving away my stack in a orbit to blinds and ante, I'd rather go, take my chances and if it pays I'm sorted for a little more. Correct?

hey

ok first of all u should hv open shoved there with 10bb
    when they all shove its an automatic fold dont see your hand holding up there very often
    u still hv over 7bb and 'if thats even possible in a freeroll' but ill say u still got fold equity and u could wait for a better spot
    Last edited by danan758; Tue Jan 22, 2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Hey powerdegre

With our stack size being just 10 big blinds it would be in our best interest to go all in pre flop with our hand.

If everybody folds we win the pot which is 330 chips which increases our stack by more than 30% and if we are called , we still have a lot of equity versus the hands our opponents call with.

As played I would call here with 10's, we're getting fantastic odds and we may have the best hand.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

I don't care what the game is,freeroll,standard MTT,multi-table SNG,unless it's a satellite and we have enough chips to turtle home here then this needs to be an open shove.

Period.

Forget bubble considerations,early,late...whatever...passing on this spot is -EV and this is a spot where we have to use every tool available to us,including fold equity. Action is fine here,but ideally we do NOT want a multi-player pot. That shaves our odds way down.

As played my chips are going in the middle on the call here.

Comment

Open shove and hope for a coin flip or better.
          By making a smaller raise, you tempt the big stack players (who are often very loose) to see a flop. The last thing you want with TT is multiple opponents. Just shove in your 10bb and hope someone calls with 99 or worse.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cool! Many thanks for the replies chaps ^_^

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.