PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Poker Show Freeroll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Poker Show Freeroll

Had no reads on the other player, was thinking about calling the river but it really seemed like a slow-play on his part

Hi JPrates31! With AQ and a limper in front of me, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper and try to narrow the field (isolate the limper if possible). Due to this, I'll raise to 80. I don't want to limp and invite opps with position on me to stay, as it will make the rest of the hand much harder to play since nobody's hand is defined at all. With 2 opps, I flop top pair and the nut flush draw (but there could already be a made flush and multiple straight draws). I'm going to make a value bet here an due to two opps, I'll bet 2/3 pot (47). This way if the opps are drawing, they are making a -EV play to call. The turn gives me top 2 pair, but completes a straight to KJ. When it's folded around to me, I need to bet 2/3 pot again (137 chips). Once again, I'm doing this both for value, but also to give the opps a -EV play to draw. I don't want to bet less, as I want to make sure that all of their draws are priced out. The turn is a 9 (completing a striaght to J8) and the first opp now leads into me for a large overbet of 440. This bet looks fishy with as large as it is, as it looks like a bluff (and could very easily be due to the small turn bet). I'm calling this here and they are going to have to show me a straight. If I'm the opp and see a turn bet that just don't look right, as it's a smaller % of the pot than normal, the 9 is a perfect card to try and represent the straight with for a bluff. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you very much John
      Yeah, just after i did the bet on the turn i thought it was too small

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.