PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flopping a K high flush

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flopping a K high flush

Hi all, As you can see in the replay below, I flopped a flush with K high yet I was kicked out of the tournament as the guy had high A flush. What's the best method to play such a hand in such a situation and not to lose all the chips. I mean I see the majority of the players (well, in micro buy-in tournaments generally to be fair) go all-in with J or 10 high flush. Can anyone think of a way to not lose all the chips or most of them? Thanks in advance for the feedbacks.

**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey Z-LFC 13

This is one of them situations where you can't fold. Villain can show up with waaaaaay worse hands than you here. The fact that he had Ax of sades is just remarkably unlucky and is considered a 'cooler'.

A 'cooler' is where both of you are correct to get the money in.

The line you took was fine, myself I would bet half the pot on the flop and on the turn I'd bet around half the pot too, with a K high flush were not looking to scare off our opponents, we are looking to gain value from them, so the only thing I would change about the way you played the hand would be to bet less on the turn. We want our opponents to stick around with weaker spades and top pair/middle pair hands, when we bet the full pot we scare these hands away.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.