PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ on Bubble in MTT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ on Bubble in MTT

This was a local live MTT. Paid top 12 and we are 6-handed on my table and playing hand-for-hand on the bubble.

I am 2nd shortest on my table with 7BB. Short stack in front of me folds and I have JJ. Big stack on my immediate left (35BB) has played very tight and the other 3 layers are hovering around 10-15BB mark. All seem to be solid regs.

So my question is, do I shove or fold and sneak into the money?

It is £20 buy in and 10th-12th win £45. First is around £500ish with 7th being worth just over £100.

Thoughts?

Jimbo

Hi jamesthefish,

Absolutely shoving here. JJ is a hand we'd like to get allin preflop on 7BBs all day long.

In a MTT that pays 12 apots a min cash is generally not very significant compared to 1st prize (depends on the structure of course), so we can afford to gamble even when close to the bubble. The reason we can gamble is because there's a very big upside to getting allin and JJ holding up as the best hand.

GoodLuck
    Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.