PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

right or wrong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• right or wrong

Hi people This a bust-out hand that I would like to get some analysis on. I mean that I may have lost and busted out, but I still think it was a right decision, in the basis of outs and probabilities. What do you think? The hand is from an Open Skill League free-roll.
    Last edited by PsychoVas; Fri Dec 21, 2012, 05:08 PM.

Hi PsychoVas! With KTs, I have a limp in front of me from mid position. Since it's still early and if I lose, I'm most likely going to get a negative point total for the game if I bust, I'm passing on any marginal hands, especially out of position and mucking this to start with. I want to only be playing premium hands and to always be in position whenever possible and to take NO chances with marginal hands. The flop gives me top pair and a flush draw and an opp leads out for more than 1/2 pot. I'm going to grudgingly call the 360, but when an opp after me shoves, I'm going to muck top pair/2nd kicker here. I do not want to be all-in, in a league game unless I'm sure that I'll have the best hand after all 5 cards are on the board. Since I'm not sure that I'm even ahead here, let alone after all the cards are revealed, I need to muck here. The key in this hand is to muck a marginal hand when out of position preflop. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.