PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy $1.50 9 Mans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy $1.50 9 Mans

What do you guys think of the lay down? Ads

Hi Ads,

This is a difficult one. Looking at the blind level, I'm assuming early and no reads available.

I don't mind a fold here without any reads. If it was one shove and a fold I would call.

I think the first shovers range is mid pairs and flush draws, he probably has equity but he's semi bluffing, the callers range I think is flush draws and sets, something with enough equity to call a bluff.

Because they only limped initially I think that takes most of the high cards out of their range (obviously not ).

When the callers range is sets and flush draws we don't fare too well. The saving grace would be the odds we are getting in the pot. With a read that these guys are spazzes we could call here. Early on I think it's ok to fold, see their hands. If they had it good fold. If they don't we have the read now and players like that will be only too happy to give it back later.

Well played, try not to be results orientated in spots like this I had a spot like this myself raising JJ and facing a 3 & 4 bet preflop. Only scenario thats good for me is if they both show AK, which they did, but every other scenario they turn over would have been bad.

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

ty yea didnt really have any reads and most players limp any two in these things so thought i would lay it down this time and wait for a better spot

Ads

Comment

Hi Ads, have you thought about just limping pre and set mining in this spot?
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.