PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big $2.20 - Set in Small Blind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big $2.20 - Set in Small Blind

Hand I had recently in the Big $2.20 About half the field was left. Villain_1 had joined about 10 hands ago, but was playing fairly loose and quite aggressive. I'm confident of my post-flop play here, but should I have even played the hand in the first place?
    Bracelet Winner

Hi Christxof! I think you played this one well. When it comes to a blind vs blind situation, I'm going to raise to 3BB from the SB on any hand that I want to play. By making a std raise (300), it keeps my hand hidden, as they are probably expecting high cards, as most people would complete with a small/mid pair. When I flop bottom set, I'm going to lead here, as it will help to build a pot (to get them all-in by the river) and since the low pair is hidden due to the raise, the opp will not put me on what I really have the majority of the time. The opp now raises to 1000. My standard raise here would be to 3X their bet (3k), however, this is 3/4 my stack, so I will shove my 3980. Betting like this prices out the flush or straight draws and there are many combinations of worse cards that I can get value from here. VERY WELL PLAYED!umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.