PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0.25 cent 90 man playing AK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.25 cent 90 man playing AK

should i have just called the river?

To answer your question: Yes you should have just called on the river. You were getting a good price to showdown. However I think the way he played the hand was just screeming strength that I would have folded my top pair top kicker on the flop. Usually when players donk bets the flop, they either have a top or mid-pair, two-pair or chasing a draw. I think the raise on the flop is ok, but when he reraises then I know I'm crushed by either two pair or a set and would fold.

It'll be interesting to hear what the trainers think.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Villain's line is fishy. It's confusing. When I'm confused, I take the low variance line and just call every street. I don't want to value-cut myself.
      So I just station it up on every street, never raising and re-opening the action. A mindonk can indicates huge strength or a very weak hand or draw. If you raise, villain folds the hands you're beating so you don't get value. If he has a monster, then you want to lose the minimum. Just calling 100 on each street minimises your losses and leaves you with a playable stack and a nice new note ("mindonks with set") that will be useful in future. If villain had nothing much, then you were never gonna win a big pot anyway.
      In replaying this hand in your mind, and thinking about your flop and river raises, ask yourself the question: "Does he ever call with worse?"
      If he doesn't call with worse than AK, then don't raise!
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi a1379,

The quick answer. Yes I would just call on the river.

I really like the raise on the flop. The weak lead is normally weak, so just calling gives them a chance to catch up and doesn't build the pot. So reraising the flop is good.

When they min 3bet. As RFlush says this is a massive sign of strength. If it was bigger I would say fold. But I think we are getting too much of a good price here. Most likely this is a hand like 66, 88, A6 or A8.

I would probably call the 3bet on the flop but be very very weary of putting any more money in.

Two more very weak leads on the turn and river. I think it's tempting to reraise the river. But I think we are better off just calling given the action on the flop.

Good Luck
        Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.