PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad or standard call?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad or standard call?

Hi,

I am currently playing in the HOT $5.50 turbo, which I qualified for with $1

We are now way past the bubble. but earlier I was in a bit of an awkward situation, I was UTG whilst playing V.Tight I raised around 2.5X with QQ and so on....

what do you guys think about the call, bare in mind that I thought for a while and basically hoped that they had each others outs, i.e. AK-AQ or even both have AK or that they had under pairs....

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...846_DBCC3F87DB

Request the langolier

Comment

Hi Buttch,

I would call here. imo we would need some pretty specific reads to justify laying this down, reads that involve the word "nit" probably more than once.

The first guy shoving could have many worse hands in his range that he's just deciding he has to go with on his short stack. Smaller pairs and hands like AT or KQ. The other guy is reshoving a 17bb stack... clearly this is a real hand but he should recognize (one would surmise readless) the short stacks range and be interested in isolating this guy with hands like 88+, AK, AQ at the very least. And QQ just plays too well against these ranges to fold here imo. Plus if we don't win, we still have chips and can get back into this, but if we do hold up here we'll have a stack primed for a deep run. Given our equity against their ranges and tournament position I think getting the money in here is good.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Dave!

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.