PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this a shove? bubble play 50/50

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this a shove? bubble play 50/50

villian is vpip 30 pfr 13 over 104 hands he was a tad laggy but not out of line

Hi quirked! With this being the exact bubble, I want to try to be playing hands against the shorter stacks if at all possible and avoid the stacks that can take me out, unless I have a premium hand. With 77 in the SB, the 2nd largest stack shoves (with the bigstack still to act). Having the bigstack yet to act is a key for me here, as the 2nd stack shover should have a monster hand, as they're in great chip position to cash and should not want to put that on the line without a premium hand. Due to this infomation, while having 77 is a made hand, it is a marginal made hand and with my best case scenario for my tourney life being a race (and I can very easily be dominated), I'm going to muck 77 here and look for a better spot when I'm up against the shorter stacks or have a better hand. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) P.S. If I had this hand and I was up against only villains 8, 9 or 10 and nobody had raised, then I'm happy to be the first to shove with it... but I don't want to call a shove with it.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Much better to get our chips in first on the bubble than call off to a larger stack. I think the best we can hope for in this spot is a coinflip so a fold is the right play.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.