PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just dont know what 2 do preflop utg with these 99

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just dont know what 2 do preflop utg with these 99

Please Evaluate readless on the opponent. the game is 50/50 7.oo$ i had an ominious feeling preflop and wanted to just fold, then when the beutifull flop came down talked myself into him holding 2 overcards AK AQ
    Last edited by quirked; Wed Dec 12, 2012, 04:42 AM.

**moved to more approprizte forum JWK24**
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Quirked,

I think you've played ok.

Definately raising your 99 UTG. I'd probably prefer a little larger than min rasie since we have the whole table still to act and giving everyone a very good price. I'd probably prefer 2.5x minimum, but if is your standard then i guess thats ok.

Min 3bet we absolutely have to call, the odds are immense.

Nice flop for us. I think donking out is an option. We could then measure his reaction, but we would miss out value from a Cbet from Ax hands. So I think checking is good.

Once he Cbets. You might want a read on his range and style. Caling allows him a free card, but also a chance to bet Ax again perhaps. Check raising allin means we can only really get called by better hands or hands with good equity like AhQh. That being said there is already 690 in the pot, compared to our remaining stack, taking that down now and folding out any overcard equity he might have is probably still worth it.

Like I said I think you've played it fine. Playing too passively here or folding weakly would be a mistake i think.

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.