PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's my line here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's my line here?

Both pre and post flop. Having a bit of trouble over it.
    Bracelet Winner

Not sure if that hand history is clear enough but Villian 8 shoved all in, Villlian 9 folded and the action is back onto me.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Ovalman,

I really don't like the limp preflop and I think if you wanna play it so passively you should be prepared to fold here to a shove when you don't hit your set. If you wouldn't risk them preflop with the best hand why risk them now?

I think you should make a big raise preflop maybe even a shove. Yes we have 40 BBs which is alot to shove here. But we have 5 limping fishes here, it's probably pretty likely for one or more to call in bad shape. Plus we already have 210 chips in the pot which is almost 20% of our stack. I'm happy with that and the chance someone calls with smaller pairs, 1 over card or even 2 over cards and we get it in in good shape.

Thanks
      Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

His shove smelt like a top pair top kicker, an over pair like 99 or possibly a set but I folded and so did everyone else without a showdown.

I know my limp pre caused me so many troubles but with so many others in the pot, if I pot raise I'm going to get at least 1 or 2 callers, maybe even a re-shove from a hand like JJ. I'm out of position after this and the flop invariably brings an overcard so I don't know where I stand in the hand.

I played it to set mine, should I just limp/ fold after the flop? Should I call down to the river? Check raise?

You can maybe see why I'm having a bit of trouble in spots like this.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

I don't like a shove here as I'm coinflipping at best to a call and I think we're too deep to be going broke with TT at this stage of the tourney BTW.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.