PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK in SB played wrong??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK in SB played wrong??

okay.. very early stages of 8$ 180m sng.. blinds are 15-30.. from the very few hands ive watched villain 4 play, ive figured out that he's a loose passive fish.. so when i get AK in the SB i decide to isolate him with a 3 bet.. At this point of time im looking for full valu for my AK from him.. Was there a problem with my bet sizing or was i just unlucky??

Hey kk2106 umbup: Whilst it is vital that we don't bust out in the early stages of these turbo 180's I do like to iso the weak player with our hand. Your 3bet sizing is a bit off, you decided to make it 5 and a half times the size of villains original bet which causes us problems post flop. With 895 chips in the middle and 1200 chips in our stack it becomes awkward because if we decide to bet and then fold to a shove we have lost a huge amount of our stack, and if we decide to shove on any flop 'which we did here' we are over shoving into a weak player which will call us with any piece of the board. This is how I would of played the hand. 3bet to 275 'around 4 x the size of villains total raise' and c bet the flops that are unlikely to hit him 'all dry flops' and fold to any retaliation. The big mistake here is your 3bet sizing preflop, what you have done is you have created a bloated pot ' a bloated pot is when our stack size to pot ratio is very small' which we would always like to avoid. Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.