PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 bet shove or how I played it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 bet shove or how I played it?

Maybe a hand to vent off steam but this is the MM Main Event. I'm looking a spot to get my chips in. Villian UTG was my main worry, he had stats of 21% VPiP and 17% PFR which is pretty tight aggressive. Villian in cut of was 38% and 25% but only over a small sample of hands. I guessed I was ahead of his range range pre and post flop. Should I squeeze here?
    Bracelet Winner

Hi Ovalman umbup: I would be shoving here, as you say looking for a good spot to get the 12bb in, I think this is one. The UTG is definitely a worry but I wouldn't consider 21/17 TAG for a FR tournament (alhtough definitely not "LAG", somewhere in between), I think he would be raising AT and KQs with those stats, and also has a decent stack that he was possibly bullying with. And yeah you have the CO range crushed so I wouldn't be worried about him preflop. With that flop its a no brainer, just unlucky to run into the set And btw having everyone fold would be a good outcome, a nice boost to your stack
    Last edited by Barbzz; Mon Nov 26, 2012, 02:28 AM.

Comment

just unlucky i think

http://www.boomplayer.com/nl/poker-h...852_E608200E1A
      Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Ovalman! With 12BB, with a min-raise and a call, I want to be shoving or folding here. I don't want to have to call, then fold (lose 1/6th my stack) and I don't want to let the opps see a card that could beat me. To see if I should shove, I'll go to pokerstove and look at my hand equities against the opps ranges. If I end up only against UTG (17% hand), my AQo has 57.1% equity, which is plenty to call since I'm the favorite. If I end up against the CO only, with them playing a wider range, then I'm an even higher favorite. If both stay, my AQo is worth 39.4%. But, if both stay, then my pot equity will be below 33% due to the chips already in the pot.. so this is a positive play too. Since every situation is a +EV play, I'm going to shove my AQo preflop. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

The money bubble was creeping up and I suppose I wanted some fold equity if I missed the flop. I was worried about AKo to tell the truth but in hindsight it was a scared money play rather than good aggressive poker.

Yesterday was an AHA day for me. I learned so much and I gained several nuggets of information. I cashed in the Pokercast game and gained another $50 bonus to work through which offsets the $22 buy in.

Many thanks for the replies.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.