PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trap

should i have bet this flop with an utg limper or was i right in check trapping hoping for a better card like the j to hit the turn 50c 90man

I think you should have betted on all the streets, in my opinion you were just lucky someone went all in

Comment

Sorry, i missed the Flush possibility, you should have betted on the turn and river then... but that's just my way to play it

Comment

Hey stedds umbup: I think betting flop is best as this is an extremely wet sloppy flop that we re easily outdrawn on, but with that being said it is quite likely that if we check flop one of our opponents will bet for us which sets us up for shoving all in. Still prefer betting out though. Check calling on the turn is good and checking the river is interesting. We can over shove here for 1900 into a pot of 1200 and get called most of the time by at least one opponent but I think I like your line of checking the river because if the guy to the left of us bets there is still a player behind him to act which could put some more money into the pot, so yeah... check shoving river is neat when it is very likely they will be value betting there straights and flushes. Nice hand, Chris.

Comment

cheers chris glad to hear i did one right haha

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.