PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the big $5.50 300 from the money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the big $5.50 300 from the money

im pretty dissapointed in myself here,i didnt range my opp well at all and i think i got a bit pie eyed looking to chip up for a deep run, i had plenty of chips to get itm without going crazy here, any advice would be appreciated

Hi milehigh! With AQ, I want to make a std raise here, which for me at the blind level will be to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper. With one limper, I'll raise to 2100. I don't want to raise less than this because it will help to give the opps the right odds to outdraw me. The flop gives me top pair/top kicker. When the opps check to me, I'm going to make my standard c-bet of 1/2 pot. The turn gives me trips and once again, I'm going to make a 1/2 pot bet. The reason for this is that if the opp has a straight draw or flush draw, I want to be sure that they are getting the wrong price to draw. The river completes the flush and the opp that has been very passive in this hand now leads by shoving. This throws up a red flag to me, as a passive opp shoving will have hit a better hand than me much, much more often than not. Due to this, even though I have trips, I'm going to muck the river. I also still have an 18BB stack, which is very playable. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.