PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1 45-man SnG - 88 on the BTN, should I call shove pre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1 45-man SnG - 88 on the BTN, should I call shove pre

We're down to around the last 20 and I'm CL. Villain is 11.1/8.3/3 over 36 hands. Should I be calling this shove?

Hi Hellsgate,

I would fold here too. A villan who's playing 11/8 shoving 12 BBs from early position will have a pretty tight range here. We would be hoping for overcards at best where we would only be a small favourite.

The blinds don't really add much to the pot when we would have to commit 12BBs.

Even if we saw his card and we were a small favourite against against overs I still don't think I like this spot. We already have a ton of chips losing 12BBs here would be worse for us than picking up 13.5BBs would be good for us. I would be using the big stack to put pressure on if possible but not gamble. Here the opponent is already allin, there's no pressure we can apply.

Thanks
    Andrew

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.