PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL, 1.5$ SNG, Kc4s top pair freeflop on multiway pot, can I play aggressive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL, 1.5$ SNG, Kc4s top pair freeflop on multiway pot, can I play aggressive?

Hello, Villians: Unknown. Question: I freeflopped top pair Kc4s on board 8s7sKs and bet size of the pot against 4 opponents. Is it right play? Should I c-bet on the turn? Or should I check-call from early position? Ted Light.

Hi Ted Light! With K4o, I'm happy to see the flop for free. I definitely would not want to put any more chips in preflop. The flop brings good and bad news. I hit top pair with a bad kicker, but there are three spades on the board. I'm going to make a lead bet here both for value and to get information about the opponents hands. I'll size the bet at a pot-sized bet (135) due to having three opps in the hand and the flush/straight draws. I see the turn, which completes a straight for 9T and puts many more draws on the board. I'm going to check here for pot control, especially if the opp is passive and could give me the river card for free. If the opp makes a large bet, I'm most likely beat and will fold my pair with bad kicker. I get to see the river that is good and bad. It most likely did not complete a straight and did not give 4 to a flush, but could have easily put two pair on the board. With top pair/bad kicker, my entire goal here is to get to a cheap showdown. I'd also like to take the initiative in the hand here and give the opp a chance to fold. Due to this, I'm going to lead out here for 1/3 pot (125). If the opp raises me, I know my hand is not good and can muck. If they call and have two pair, then I now have a hand to make notes on how the opp will play. By checking, I'd call the 120 bet here, as I could have the best hand, but once again, worst case, I still have a very playable stack and now have information about the opp. I'd like to be able to get more information about the opp for the river, in order to better size my bet or to know to fold if I have the worst hand, but unfortunately, this is a good example of why playing out of position makes the hand much tougher to play. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.