PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100K depositors: Did I play this right ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100K depositors: Did I play this right ???

Had no reads on player. Should I have gone about this hand differently ??

Hi Matt,
    glad you found ur way to our forum.

At the first look hand seems pretty well played, you got all your chips in at the Turn with a Top Set, that's totally fine, the outcome is somehow unlucky, but you are playing against a range of hands and 96 is close to the only hand that beats you, villain could easily have another set or two pair or even Ax, so your aim is to get all the chips in on the flop or turn.

on this flop somehow, i cant think of many hands, that my oppononents can have and normally i dont need to protect, therefore i check (as a trap) the flop, then probably would call the flop and checkraise turn or if its checked around i bet the turn.

unlucky ending somehow, but this happens in like 5% of the times, in 95% you are way ahead, so dont worry !

Comment

Thank you so much for that feedback I just wasnt sure if I shouldve approach it differently or not. I was just figuring early in the tournament it's just better if I get my chips in to build a bigger pot.
      It's a bit of a load of my mind to know that I went about it fine and also good to know a couple of different ways I can approach the same situation.
      Your feedback is greatly appreciated thank you !!!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.