PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hot $0.55

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hot $0.55

PokerStars Hand #87965361010: Tournament #627496122, $0.50+$0.05 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (30/60) - 2012/10/20 17:17:21 ET Table '627496122 223' 9-max Seat #4 is the button Seat 1: fres fish (9740 in chips) Seat 2: x-dragoste-x (7120 in chips) Seat 3: Bill Curran (3760 in chips) Seat 4: Marfer48 (8010 in chips) Seat 5: PustoY (2880 in chips) Seat 6: Seall (2100 in chips) Seat 7: jebac79 (6570 in chips) Seat 8: MARYIO398 (4275 in chips) Seat 9: Birdmanone46 (3000 in chips) PustoY: posts small blind 30 Seall: posts big blind 60 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Bill Curran [7c 9c] jebac79: folds MARYIO398: folds Birdmanone46: calls 60 fres fish: folds x-dragoste-x: calls 60 Bill Curran: calls 60 Marfer48: folds PustoY: calls 30 Seall: checks *** FLOP *** [Tc Jc Th] PustoY: checks Seall: checks Birdmanone46: bets 120 x-dragoste-x: calls 120 Bill Curran: calls 120 PustoY: folds Seall: folds *** TURN *** [Tc Jc Th] [5c] Birdmanone46: checks x-dragoste-x: checks Bill Curran: bets 300 Birdmanone46: calls 300 x-dragoste-x: calls 300 *** RIVER *** [Tc Jc Th 5c] [8c] Birdmanone46: bets 1260 x-dragoste-x: folds Bill Curran: raises 1260 to 2520 Birdmanone46: calls 1260 and is all-in *** SHOW DOWN *** Bill Curran: shows [7c 9c] (a straight flush, Seven to Jack) Birdmanone46: shows [Jd Ac] (a flush, Ace high) Bill Curran collected 6600 from pot Birdmanone46 finished the tournament in 5131st place *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 6600 | Rake 0 Board [Tc Jc Th 5c 8c] Seat 1: fres fish folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 2: x-dragoste-x folded on the River Seat 3: Bill Curran showed [7c 9c] and won (6600) with a straight flush, Seven to Jack Seat 4: Marfer48 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: PustoY (small blind) folded on the Flop Seat 6: Seall (big blind) folded on the Flop Seat 7: jebac79 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 8: MARYIO398 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 9: Birdmanone46 showed [Jd Ac] and lost with a flush, Ace high To Dave, The Langolier......or anyone really. I know I won this hand, but did I play it correctly ?
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

**Moved as hand evaluation was requested**
    Follow me on: Twitter

Comment

Hi Bill Curran,

Nice Hand. I had to double check when the river rolled off

I think you'd played the hand very well.

Limping behind preflop is fine here. We have a suited connector so obvious like a nice cheap family flop. We have 60BBs so nice implied odds for when we hit our hand. And lastly we have position so the ability to control the size of the pot. The flop bet is small vs the pot and with the one caller already we are getting a good price to try and hit our draw.

I like betting the turn when our flush comes in, this is where our position comes in handy. We hit our hand we control the size of the pot now and can increase it, if we missed we can check and keep it small.

River is obviously a no brainer. God knows what this guy is doing. Limping AJ, betting tiny when he hits the flop and checking with likley the best of it and the nut flush draw. Crazy stuff.

Well done
      Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Nice hand Bill. umbup: IMO not much to add to what Andy said. Your play here is excellent I think. Like coming along pre,from the CO with a suited 1 gapper. Such an easy hand to play in position most times...hit the flop hard or go home. Once you get the flush on the turn I like the bet here,could be much worse looking you up. Like Andy said,river is basically auto-pilot. The way he played the hand I'm betting the villain was fist pumping on the river,thinking he had hit HIS nut card. Really terrible on every street by him,he deserved to get stacked. How did you end up making out here? Love the value of this tourney,US peeps get back I definitely want to play this as much as possible.

Comment

Hi Bill, I concur with Andy as well, played it fine. umbup: Dave
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
            Nice hand Bill. umbup: How did you end up making out here? Love the value of this tourney,US peeps get back I definitely want to play this as much as possible.
            Hi Moxie, I lasted about another hour after that hand, about half an hour after registration closed, I had KK in the BB and a very very loose player who had me covered re-raised my raise of 5X to put me all in, He turned over A7o He flopped a seven and rivered a third seven and my Kings didn't improve. Didn't make the money, I usually end up going out around that mark or just before the money, once or twice I have min cashed, on the whole the tourney plays quite nicely, about half way between the Open League and the Premiership at the start and then improves towards the bubble. On the whole, not a bad little tourney, very good value if you can run deep. umbup:umbup:umbup:umbup:
            3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.