PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

skill league good fold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skill league good fold?

ok i was just sent to this table its the skill leauge i was just sent to this table i foled my way into a short stack so i need u to access these folds

Hi danan758,

I wasn't sure which Skill League this was till I saw the guy with 32o . So I'm guessing these are both Open Skill League games.

Yes in Open League both these hands are folds, since we put maximum value on remaining in the tournament over gathering chips.

If you were going to play the 1st hand it should be as a shove, since already a ton of money in the pot and the min raise and 2 callers all have worse ranges than AQo

In the 2nd hand, entering the pot would again commit too much of our stack. On 20BB I would sit back for a while and wait still deeper to risk our position.

Patience is the key in League games!

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

haha lol yh its open
      isnt it amazing how in freerolls the worse u play the more chips u got and guys like me barely have chips to pay the blinds
      the 23o guy was a big stack maybe 3 times average at the time

but thanks for feedback

Comment

even being so short stacked i was still able to finish 456th i think

Comment

In the Open league AQ is always a fold till you're down to 3 or 4 blinds - so many peeps call that you're almost always a dog. When I played these, I qualified twice for the skill playing 1 tourney a day - I only played AA and maybe KK against 3-4 callers. Patience is the key, and running fairly deep consistently. umbup:umbup:
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks

thanks joy

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.