PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did i miss a trick on the turn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did i miss a trick on the turn

ok... think i made a straight draw or oesd cant remember flop plays seems ok but i think i played the turn poorly

Fold pre and save chips. JTo in EP versus a raise is a loser.

Comment

Hi danan758,

I would agree with Trumpin Joe.

This is a fold preflop for me. The raise is early position and also a big raise. A normal size raise here would be 125-150 chips so 200 chips looks like a pretty strong hand, the SB calling gives us good immediate odds in the hand but we're very unlikely to flop a hand here that we want to put much more in.

As played we hit the open ended draw on the flop which is the best we can ask for really. The donk bet from the SB is very small here signals a weak hand but we still have the preflop raiser left to act. I don't mind calling here since it's cheap. We don't want to raise here and be faced with a reraise from the preflop raiser.

The raise on the turn again is a small raise but we still have the preflop raiser behind us. We pickup a flush draw but only J high, there are possible other better flush draws and the SB may have made a flush already since he's betting twice into two people. I think I would fold at this point.

Cheers
      Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.