PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Study Groups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study Groups

Hey all,

I'm thinking about joining a study group. I play $1 45 man SnG on PokerStars, $1 STT SnG and MTTs on other sites and I want to join one to back up the video training I'm watching here on PSO. Is there a section on this site or can anyone recommend another site where I'd be able to find groups in my area of interest?

I tried the search function here, but there are no results.

Sounds interesting. How do they work?

Comment

Do you have skype Hellsgate,im just a 90man 1,50 dollar regular,but im just new at the game

Comment

Hi hellsgate10 I think study groups are really good way to further your game. JDean used to run one where we would watch one the langoliers theory videos during the week and discuss it on a saturday afternoon. It really helped me grasp the concepts. I was thinking of setting one up for 6max players a few weeks ago but I don't have the time to do it currently. If you post in the community meet up forum, asking for players who want to start a study group. (you can also use the private message function to get in touch with members you know play similar game to you) You could then add each other on skype and meet once a week to discuss hands you've played or articles/videos you've read/watched. You could post the hands in the forum afterwards with any points that were brought up during the discussion and get help from the trainers. Hope you get one sorted. Oliver umbup:
        Follow me on: Twitter

Comment

hey

study groups are a great idea
          but they often tend to become harmful to your game as they quickly turn into just another casual chat group

u should go for it and use it to discuss hands and do sweats and stuff to better your game via join me skype share screen or team viewer gl and hv fun

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.