PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

early phase of tourney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early phase of tourney

ok this is a $0.25 tourney only 11 or 12 hands dealt thus far made a nice double up off someone overplaying AQ the very next hand i am dealt AKs so i raise 3bb+1 per limper the flop couldnt be much better but i am on the small blind so from what i have learnt is i should be passive with my draws so early but here i have a nut flush draw+ two over cards so i have not runned this through my equilab or poker stove as yet but of the top of my head, using a loose range from the previous hands and their range in that hand i should be like 45-50% favourite here so should i have been more aggressive here or did i play it right

Hi danan758! With AKs, preflop, I'm going to make a std raise, which for this level is 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I'll raise to 120. The flop gives me the nut flush draw and two overcards, so I have at least 9 outs and possibly up to 15. My move here would depend on the reads that I have on the opps. Are they aggressive or passive? If the opps are passive, then I'd make a standard c-bet, which for me is 1/2 pot. This way I can start to build a pot with my monster draw and maybe get some of the opps to fold, or the opps could also fold and I would take down the side pot and play the one opp for the main pot. If the opps are aggressive, then I'll check and hope to get a free card on the turn, or call a small bet. The turn is a miss and after raising pre and betting the flop, I'm going to check/call on the turn and I will call any bet that is less than 30% pot equity, as I have 30% equity with my 15 outs. The river is another blank, so I will check and hope to get to showdown and see a worse A. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.