PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10c 360 SNG K9o Shoving to steal the blinds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10c 360 SNG K9o Shoving to steal the blinds

I played my first 10c 360 SNG today and finished 2nd place . Going over it again I am unsure about some decisions I made, such as this one: The BB is sitting below 3 BBs so I expect him to shove with most hands. The SB is relatively new to the table, but has been rather passive so far, so I expect him to fold to an all in (might be overly optimistic). I wouldn't consider my own image overly aggressive (it's not like I am trying to steal every time I am on the button). Running some combinations through poker stove and calculating EV I get +EV for practically anything, ranging from the BB calling with any hand to the BB calling only with 10% of hands, always assuming the SB folds. Is this play "right"? Or maybe better: Is it not horribly wrong? Even though it didn't work out this time?

***moved to more appropriate forum JWK24***
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Garrns,

Congrats on the result.

I think this is a great shove. You will get alot of folds from the SB since they will be on the line if they call so they need a hand. Add to that there are smaller stacks around so some players might be trying to sqeak up the prizes.

Vs the BB, K9o as you've mentioned plays perfectly against a stack that short no matter what hand they show up with. Add to it there probably are some times the BB has hands like 72, 23 etc that they might be actually folding.

Nice play, just unlucky.

Thanks
      Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.