PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Storm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Storm

My Rank before this hand is under 1K. Did i play it right or i shove it premature?

***moved to more appropriate forum JWK24***
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi PINOY_HITMAN! I have a min-raise from the HJ and then a flat from the button in front of me with 88 and less than 10BB. With these blind levels, I should already be ITM, so now, I'm looking for any opportunity to accumulate chips to try for a final table run. With a mid pocket pair and less than 10BB, I absolutely like the shove here and would do the exact same thing. I don't have enough chips to setmine and the button could have flatted the min-raise light since they are in position. Also, if the opps fold, I almost double my stack without a fight. If either opp calls, then I'm expecting to be ahead in a race, which with less than 10BB is a situation that I'm happy to take. Unfortunately, the opp hits a K on the flop, but I like the play and would do the exact same thing with 88 in this situation. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think this is a pretty normal spot to shove, you have under 10bb, a pretty decent preflop hand, and your almost doubling up even without any calls.

The Villain 1 is going to look you up pretty light as your short and he has a huge stack, as is shown by the KT.

Your a 53% favourite to win the hand in this spot. And you put less than 50% of the chips in the middle, your equity in the hand plus the small amount of fold equity you have (villain 1 might only fold total junk, but villain 3 will fold often)

This is a definite +ev shove.

Comment

Thanks John and Craig.

Hope i will win the flip next time.

Good Luck at the tables of PSOWCOOP tonight.

PH

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.