PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home game tournament structure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home game tournament structure

So every so often we would have a home game at Artines' place and we can't agree on a tournament structure. Andrew recommends a structure that goes like this:

It's a 10$ buy in with one rebuy.
    Each of the 5 players get 75 chips.
    The blinds start at 1/2,
    after a player is eliminated we bump it up to 2/4,
    once another player is eliminated we bump it up to 5/10
    then when we reach heads up we bump it up to 10/20.

Personally I think this is a stupid structure u only start with a bit more than 35bb and bumping it up from 2/4 to 5/10 to 10/20 is too much of a drastic increase which gives the big stacks the advantage to cripple the small stacks.

Tell me what u think and what structure u recommend using.

Hi Andrei,

I do not have a direct anwser to your question, but I would like to recommend the pokerstars clock for your smart phone. You can set the amount of players, starting stacks, starting blinds etc. And it gives you a schedule and warns you when to increase the blinds. Give it a shot.

Comment

How long do you want your tourney to last?
      How many chips of each color do you have?

Answer these two questions and I can suggest a structure for you

Here is the blind structure from my regular home game.

GL

Roland GTX
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey Andrei, I play a similar game with my friends, but the blinds are actually in 10 min ( which makes everyone really short at the end ). But the prize structure is kinda weird, the secondf place wins almost nothing and the first place wins everything, so it turns into a "play to win" game. that I think that apply to your game as well. As the big stack will have a huge advantage on the short stacks at the end. So in my opinion try to build a big stack during the first level that u'll be a little bit deeper, and as the blinds go up, play for the win, not just to survive. umbup:

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.