PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0.10c MTT, straight on turn, higher straight completes on river, check or bet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.10c MTT, straight on turn, higher straight completes on river, check or bet?

PokerStars - $0.10+$0|75/150 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: 3,728.00
    UTG+1: 6,250.00
    MP: 3,056.00
    MP+1: 2,132.00
    LP: 2,220.00
    CO: 1,520.00
    BTN: 1,945.00
    SB: 1,828.00
    Hero (BB): 4,912.00

SB posts SB 75.00, Hero posts BB 150.00

Pre Flop: (225.00) Hero has Q:heart: J:spade:

UTG calls 150.00, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero checks

Flop: (375.00, 2 players) T:heart: 2:club: 9:diamond:
    Hero bets 300.00, UTG calls 300.00

Turn: (975.00, 2 players) K:diamond:
    Hero bets 975.00, UTG calls 975.00

River: (2925.00, 2 players) Q:spade:
    Hero ???,

Hey doomasiggy

I like leading out on the flop because we can win the hand right there and then and if we do hit our draw it will be more disguised than check calling would be.
    I would bet smaller though, betting 300 into a pot of 375 is on the larger side of life. 150 - 250 seems good.

I like leading the turn with our newly made nut hand, again I would bet smaller ... half pot - 2/3 pot seems good.

So the river card is likely to kill alot of action, at this stage i'm not afraid of villain having AJ ' if he calls two streets with AJ here then good for him'

As this river card is likely to scare the villain I would make a a small value bet 30 - 50% seems good, we need to bet an amount we think villain will call. In the unlikely scenario that we get raised... i'm not folding. We simply can't give him credit for AJ... especially as he doesn't have many chips behind.

What was the outcome of this hand siggy ?

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

I bet out 1150, villain raised all in, I called, he turned over AdJd

Comment

I've been playing a few of these and I would've got it in. You don't have a huge amount of time to stay ahead of the blinds and you never know what random madness your opp can call you with here. 3 of hearts K of muppets is quite possible.
        Rob.
        Last edited by RobinQQQ; Sat Aug 04, 2012, 05:18 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.