PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnG course applied to 6 players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SnG course applied to 6 players

Hello there,

What I am trying to do here is to adjust the sng course (which refers to 9 players tables) to 6 players tables.

For instance, the bubble for 9 players takes place when 4 remain at the table whereas for 6 players the bubble comes into play when 3 players remain at the table.

I am currently playing 6-turbo and my question is whether should I apply the bubble strategy when 4 players remain (which is what the course teaches) or when 3 players remain (which is the actual bubble for 6 players)?

In other words, should I consider 6-turbos as 9-turbos where three players have been eliminated during the early phase or not?

Thanks in advance

6 max SNGs

The bubble strategies apply to the actual bubble. In 45 man SNGs 7 are paid, so the bubble occurs when there are more players left. With 6 max games you have to adjust your strategy to account for the looser play that is general in that format. Some hands that you would fold in a full ring game, you should be playing ina 6 max game.

Hope this helps
    Doug
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks a lot Doug umbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.