PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STT $ 1,50, KTo, Pos Flop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STT $ 1,50, KTo, Pos Flop?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    This is hand where can I play pos flop? Think that push is good in the long run. What do you think about that? KJo+ is more suitable?

Hi ahcrata! With KTo in the big blind, when the SB completes, I'm going to check and see the flop. I don't know if I'm ahead or not and do not want to push because I'm not sure that I have the best hand and it would be my tourney life on the line. The added bonus is that I get to play the rest of the hand IN position, so I can see what the opp does first and can react to it. That is a huge advantage that I want to be able to take full advantage of. ex: if I miss the flop and the opp bets, then I can muck the hand without it costing me more chips. If the opp checks, then the majority of the time they have missed the flop, so I can then make a standard 1/2 pot continuation bet..... whether I hit the flop or not.... and the opp won't have a clue as to whether or not they have the best hand and will most likely muck. If the opp calls a flop bet and I miss, then I can check/fold on the turn if I don't improve. I'm going to check and see the flop here... I have over 10BB and do not want to value-own (fold out all the hands worse than me and keep in only the hands better than me) myself by shoving. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think for me it would depend on Reads / history with the SB. If he was limping my blind every time I might shove to get him off my back.

Rob.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.