PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STT, 77, bad fold on the bubble?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STT, 77, bad fold on the bubble?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Did this fold, maybe I could raise/fold. Was second in chips and I prefer to fold instead of to fight against the big stack. The vilain was a few loose. What do you think about this fold?

Hi ahcrata! How was the opp playing? Were they raising every hand or playing every hand? Unless the opp was shoving/raising all the time, I'm going to make my std raise, to 450 (3BB). By keeping my bets the same, the opp won't know what type of hand that I have, as I'll make the same raise with AA, 77, AK or a bluff. This way, I get to see the flop and can re-evaluate and try to outplay the opp after the flop. If the opp is loose and would not automatically raise me, I want to see a flop, as I could easily have the best hand. By making the std raise, it also gives me an out to get off the hand if I miss.. without losing 2nd chip position and the one thing that I do not want to do with a marginal made hand is to lose my chip position. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.