PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$2.50 180 man sng A9s utg +2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2.50 180 man sng A9s utg +2

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=703A2E6E73

Hi guys not much of a read on the opp was early on new table

flopped huge draws

should i have checked this time and tried to induce a bet then reraised,or maybe shoved

Hi holdemace! At a new table without reads, I'm going to muck A9s from UTG+1. There are too many players that will have position on me that can have a hand that dominates me. If I did play the hand, I would make my std open raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I'll raise to 90. The flop brings a flush and gutshot straight draw, so I have 12 outs. I'm discounting the A outs, as the opp in position could easily have an ace with a better kicker. I have two options on the flop here. One is to check to the opp and hope they check behind so that I can see the turn, and the other is to make a very small value bet that does not price me out of my draws. If I bet, I only want to bet 1/3 pot here, as a larger bet would make my draw a -EV play. Also, if the opp would make any sizable bet or raise on the flop, I would need to muck my draw, as it would be a -EV play to draw to my outs. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi bro, ATs for me there m8 i dont play A9s from that position ATs increases my draws, i h8 A9s but i guess thats why you see the final table a lot more than me Give me a ring l8rs bro GL umbup:

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.