PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$30k freeroll 200ppl away from the $

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $30k freeroll 200ppl away from the $

Heys people I'm new to MTT, got a ticket to this freeroll. Starting chips was 30000, I was up, spewed a bit of chips and back to 30000. I'm at 60bb. Average stack was around 65000. I was ranked 398 while the first 211 would be ITM. Not many reads on villain, he was 17/17 after 24 hands. My intention was already to shove all in preflop as QQ had great equity. So question is should I have folded it preflop since I was around 200 people away from making the money and still had 60bb? Or is it standard play to shove QQ under this circumstance?

I don't think you did anything wrong. I think you have to three bet and you have to call. If you'd won you would've been in decent position to make the money and think about better.
    Rob.

Comment

Hi TheAwesomeNW! If I'm in that position, then I'm thinking that I need chips to get ITM. Due to this, I'm looking to play hands where I can accumulate chips. When the opp raises, I'd definitely want to 3-bet to isolate the original raiser, as QQ plays much better against only 1 opp. My normal 3-bet size would be 3X the previous bet, but, this is right at 1/3 of my current stack, which is the committment point. Due to this, I'm going to shove here. I don't have 60BB, I've only got about 30BB (M of 11 when you add in the blinds/antes). If I had more chips than this, then I'd make a std raise to 9k, then be ready to call a shove. The reason for shoving or calling a shove is that with one opp, I've got just under 50% equity in the pot. When I put my QQ into pokerstove against a 17% range, I have 69% equity. This makes getting my chip into the pot against this opp a large +EV play. Even if the opp would narrow their range to a top 5% hand to call my shove, I still have 57% hand equity and less than 50% invested in the pot... a +EV play. I'm going to 3-bet shove with QQ here to try and accumulate chips to get ITM. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks a lot ppl! I was still doubting whether I should have made the 3bet and shove. I guess I wouldn't make it to the $$ even if I folded every single hand. With good equity and the need of a larger stack, it's the right move

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.