PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STT $ 1,50, AJs, Bad Call?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STT $ 1,50, AJs, Bad Call?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Think this call is not good. Maybe AQ+ is correct. What do you think about?

Ouch. Did you have any reads?

Comment

you were a favorite when you got the money in. And with the blinds as high as they are can you really wait for a better spot? after all your trying to get into get top 3.
      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Ahcrata.

I am not at my home computer, so I do not have poker stove to "show" you the data, but my gut is telling me that unless this opp has KQo as the absolute BOTTOM END of his shove range on a 5BB stack in EP, you probably had the equity to call.

You are somewhere north of 60% equity vs the actual hand shown down, and even as around a 40% DOG to his entire range, the dead money in the blinds (if they fold out) probably gives you the right price to call on AJs here. With 5BB left in your stack, how long can you expect to WAIT for a monster?

Keep in mind you give us no idea where you are at in terms of ITM, nor do you give structure info, but unless this guy is an uber nit and you are right on the bubble, this feels like a call all day long.

Hope it helps.

-JDean
        Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

home now!

equity win tie pots won pots tied
          Hand 0: 42.858% 37.69% 05.17% 60659036 8324061.50 { AhJh }
          Hand 1: 57.142% 51.97% 05.17% 83649417 8324061.50 { 77+, ATs+, KQs, AJo+, KQo }

I included this range as it incorporates all the hands (pretty much) in the same grouping as KQo. As I thought, you are not "ahead" of this range, but with the dead money in you are getting right aobut 1.3 to 1 to call. That means you "need" only about 43.5% equity to break even on the call even if the guy is a nit and KQo is the absolute bottom of his shove range this short. You have about 42.8% so even 1 "extra" hand in his range gives you the price to call, and your stack size (as long as you cannot itm without playing a hand) probably "demands" you take an underneath spot, so long as the price warrants it.

hope it helps.

-JDean
          Last edited by JDean; Mon Jul 09, 2012, 03:36 AM.
          Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Oh, and by the way...

You have 61.8% vs all combo's of KQo.

Yes, those numbers ARE knowable without poker stove, but it always good to back check after the fact! ;-)
            Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.