PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no reads...ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no reads...ever

where i play, there are no user names or avatars. everyone is assigned a number when they sit down at the table depending on what seat they're in. the number u get in tournaments is the order of which u signed up. for example, first player to register gets 1, second gets 2, etc. down the line. it's the most dehumanizing form of poker on earth, as u never know who anyone is and can only pick up reads from what you've seen at ur brief time at the table with the same players. would your core strategy change at all if you had to play poker like this? i was a very heavy notetaker on stars and it really came in handy, but i don't know how much of my game should really change without the benefit of notes.

Personally, I would love to see PS do the same
    When you play live, I'd be very surprise to see players showing up with notes on other players. You get to know the way they play after a certain number of orbits.

Comment

While having notes on players must give you an edge online, not having notes imo should not change the way you play.

You cant possible have notes on all the players you have played against, and as sand says you should a get a fairly good feel about your opps after a few circuits.

If you are happy with the way you play why change it?

Good luck

Tony

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.