PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folding QQ in the BB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folding QQ in the BB

Hi guys. First hand of the PokerSchool Open Skill League. I think that folding QQ is pretty tight, but certainly we have some maniac players here and too much action. Personally I think it's a good fold, especially cuz this is the first hand of the tournament. But what u guys think ??

hey fp,

im ready to bust them out or bust out never gonna fold QQ in this spot AK yes it's a fold but QQ way too tight i guess but of course it's points system so if you don't like flippin it early it's still a good fold

Comment

It Depends... Good fold! umbup: But if it was Hubble's rather than the Open Skill League, then this would be an insta-ship. If you win a hand like this, then you are in position for a deep run in the tournament. I am assuming here though that the league points take priority over the $10 prize pool. QQ against 5 random hands here has less than 40% equity, so it is an underdog in this instance. Wait for a better spot. Better league players have told me that they would also fold KK in this situation. Even AA would be a coin toss. Best of luck this month!
      5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi fp_boss77! I think that a fold here, especially in a league game, is the correct play. In a league game, I do not want to be all-in unless I'm sure that I'll be ahead after the entire board is shown. QQ into a 6-way pot if I'm all-in, is not the type of situation that I'd want to be in, as I could easily be behind or outdrawn. The key in league games is to survive as long as possible by taking as few of chances as possible and never giving a chip away. That would even be a real tough call for me with AA, as I could lose early and lose a bunch of league points that I might have gotten. The risk is not worth the reward this early. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.