PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monster flop with AA FT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster flop with AA FT

Did I play this hand right I've also got my winning hand from the heads up with a loose agro players. I called to get mega +EV but noone seemed to have a good hand. Was this the right play.

This is the winning hand of the SnG got a nice $12.67 bankroll boost. Only bought in for $1 so masive +ev for me and huge confidence boost I notted that down and he was playing very loose AGRO, and I had a 2-1 chip. So I wasn't fussed if I lost

Comment

Congratulations on the win! Regarding your pocket rockets, If you don't normally open limp, open limping can be a tell of a big hand. If your opponents think you have AA they are going to fold hands they usually play.

Win another one soon
      Doug
      3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey Magic,

I agree with Doug on this one, but it does depend on the reads you have.

If the players in the blinds are likely to shove over a limp, then I would limp as you did. If they are good yet relatively tight players, I would make a standard raise here. Raising from your position screams blind steal, so you will get a lot less respect from the blinds and can often induce a re-steal / loose defend, thus building the pot that extra bit.

The problem with the limp is that it is very difficult to get any value on later streets unless the opponent hits. I guess another route would've been check the turn and pot bet the river to polarise yourself and hope hits something on the turn / river, but this can be risky in the long run.

Good job with the tourney win - you are clearly doing the right things!

James

Comment

Hi OMagic14

The way you play aces here is player dependant, with no reads at the table this is a spot I would like to see you raise as it does look like a steal and with the aggressive nature of poker these days we are seeing players reshove all in with marginal holdings, so I would tend to try to induce a reshove.

Limping is fine too, before we make decisions like these we must take a moment to decide what we think is going to win us the most chips versus the player types at the table.

As played checking the flop is pretty standard and betting turn to try and build a pot is fine.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.