PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play at a new table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play at a new table

Hi guys,

Here I am again :P
    Im playing at the 0,55 mtt atm and I moved to a new table.I have AA in the sb ,player in mp raised and i 3bet to 1500 (blinds 200/400/50),he calls (both of us has a stack under avg like 25-28 BB),flop was very very wet w/ flushdraws and 3 cards were connected.I was the one who have to act first.So i thought,if he's a loose ,he probably will call and raise me on the next street,if he's agg ,he wont bet,maybe he missed his cards w/ AQ,QJ etc .So i decided to shove.
    How do you guys play if you're in that situation? without information ?

Thanks guys

I think the shove is ok here, I think he would not expect you having AA SB as SB has rubbish cards lol. so yes Shove ok here I think.

Comment

Hi hbhuang341! Do you have the hand history? It can be requested from the client from the requests tab, then hand history. Stack sizes for the table and where I'm at in the tourney would be mandatory infomation for me here. How close was I to getting ITM? How many players had lower stacks than me? This information is something that I look at regardless of cards, etc. With a player in earlier position min raising to 800, my 3-bet in this situation with AA will be to 3X their bet or 2400. With a wet board, the thing that I have to look at is that I need to price out any draws that the opp has. Was there a combo draw out there that was in their range? To determine this, I need to know the cards that were on the flop. This will be the determining factor as to how much I need to bet. It could be as little as 1/2 pot, it could be as much as a full pot bet. The one thing that I would not want to do is to shove, unless the necessary bet would be over 1/3 of my remaining stack. While yes, I do have a premium preflop hand, I may not even be the favorite after the flop.... can't tell since I don't know the cards on the flop. Without being the favorite, I do not want to put my tourney life on the line. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well ,this is the history of the hand i've played

PokerStarshand #81515512639: Toernooi #569320526, $0.50+$0.05 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (150/300) - 05/06/2012 6:49:13 ET
        Tafel '569320526 177' 9-max Plaats #3 is de button
        Plaats 1: TheBeerman82 (13810 in chips)
        Plaats 2: Aix66 (12085 in chips)
        Plaats 3: TsanTsar (23005 in chips)
        Plaats 4: CalvinH22(10475 in chips)
        Plaats 5: taris247 (30276 in chips)
        Plaats 6: Daur3107 (12685 in chips)
        Plaats 7: Koshikimi (12097 in chips)
        Plaats 8: Kola Bratis (15598 in chips)
        Plaats 9: Nadina55 (10795 in chips)
        TheBeerman82: zet de ante 25
        Aix66: zet de ante 25
        TsanTsar: zet de ante 25
        CalvinH22: zet de ante 25
        taris247: zet de ante 25
        Daur3107: zet de ante 25
        Koshikimi: zet de ante 25
        Kola Bratis: zet de ante 25
        Nadina55: zet de ante 25
        CalvinH22: zet small blind 150
        taris247: zet big blind 300
        *** GESLOTEN KAARTEN ***
        Gedeeld aan xXLimaPeruXx [Ac As]
        Daur3107: foldt
        Koshikimi: raiset 300 naar 600
        Kola Bratis: foldt
        Nadina55: foldt
        Nadina55 zei, "zadnii xoxol"
        TheBeerman82: foldt
        Aix66: foldt
        TsanTsar: foldt
        CalvinH22: raiset 900 naar 1500
        TsanTsar zei, "))))"
        taris247: foldt
        Koshikimi: callt 900
        *** FLOP *** [7s 8h 9s]
        CalvinH22: bet 8950 en is all-in
        Koshikimi: foldt
        De niet-gecallde bet (8950) is geretourneerd aan CalvinH22
        CalvinH22 won 3525 van pot
        CalvinH22: laat hand niet zien
        *** SAMENVATTING ***
        Totale pot 3525 | Rake 0
        Board [7s 8h 9s]

Language is in Dutch,so if you dont understand someting i will translate it for you :P

Comment

We was near at the bubble,like 360 ppl get paid,i thought around the 650-700 ppl i've played that hand

Comment

Since 10x spades could be in their range, the opp could have an OESD/flush draw combo (for 15 outs). If I shove and they had the 10 of spades and another spade, I'm a 60-40 underdog in the hand. Due to this, I'd make a bet on the flop and another on the turn that would price out the draws, but not put me all in on the flop. To do this on the flop, I'm making a pot-sized bet on the flop. I also don't want to shove this, as JTs is well within their range too and if they already have the straight, I need runner/runner to beat them. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

So it was better to make 3 potsized bet? But what if they make a 3bet bluff ,should i then shove/fold or call ?
              His outs are 14,cuz i have a spade in my hand :P

Comment

I would make a pot-sized bet and if they shoved, I'm mucking.

14 outs would make them a 56-44% favorite.
                Last edited by JWK24; Tue Jun 05, 2012, 08:00 PM. Reason: typo
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.