PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

short stack shove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short stack shove

0.25 $ 90 man , good shove?

yes.

Comment

Hi RomeWu! The two questions I'd have are...... Was the opp playing tight, loose, aggressive or passive? Where am I at in the tourney, both how many players are left and where does my chip stack fit in? The overwhelming majority of the time, I am shoving here with A10. I only have 11BB, so if I am going to play the hand, it will be a shove and here's why. With a limper, if I make a std raise (3BB+1BB for each limper), then I'm raising to 400, which is over 1/3 of my stack, which means that I'm pot committed. If I'm pot committed, then I want to be the one shoving first and not having to call a shove, as it takes a much better hand to call a shove than to shove with. If the opp was a calling station, especially if I'm close to the $$ and had enough chips to get ITM, then I'd complete and see if I hit the flop.... but even then, I wouldn't always care to do this, as the opp could have an ace with a larger kicker which would get me in trouble if I did hit the flop. If I'm not in a position to currently get ITM, then I'm shoving AT here. If I'm in an ITM position, then I"ll complete, see if I hit the board, then bet... so that I can still get off the hand and get ITM if I miss the flop. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.