PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early 27 man strategey.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early 27 man strategey.

Playing a $1.50 27 man. First hand plays out with multiple limpers pre (I folded.)
    Second hand, there were 2 limpers when I made it $100 to with JJ. I had 2 callers and 3 barrelled to win the hand without showing.
    Third hand I have 3 limpers and am dealt 66. I figure with my aggression in the previous hand, and the odds of me hitting my set, this is a fold. And so I do.

There were 2 more limpers that enter the pot, and, of course, my 6 comes on the flop.

Was my fold good here? Should I have limped along knowing the likelyhood of more limpers giving me the proper odds?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi BandShooter! With 66, I'm more than happy to setimine and limp along. Most of the times that I'll play low/mid pairs early in a tourney is with multiple limpers. The only way I'd fold is if I expected someone to act after me, to raise. I also wouldn't want to be raising with 66 here, because after my raise in the previous hand, someone could be more willing to shove over me... and I can't call a raise with 66. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ok, that makes sense, and it's kind of what I thought AFTERWARDS! lol.

Same situation, with no previous limpers though. Are you opening? 2.2X? (I detest open limping...)

Comment

with no limpers in front of me, I'll either make my std open raise (3BB) or fold. I don't like open-limping either, as I think it'll get me into more trouble than I want... and I'm out of position. I start with a 3BB open, then normally at 100/200, I'll lower it to 2.5BB, then at 1k/2k I lower it to 2.2BB. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.