PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes you get that miracle.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes you get that miracle.....

The tourney is the Women's $5.50 league game, I have 785 in chips and Tc9c. There are three all-ins in front, but I've posted the BB and have only $615 behind. I knew I needed a great flop, but didn't feel I had much choice at this point (no hand analysis required, as I think these hands played themselves). So I won the main pot, but still don't have a comfortable chip stack. Next hand I have AcKs, and I'm facing an all in from the short stack, so I'm all in again. In two hands I went from last to fourth in this tourney. These hands were about halfway through the tourney, I went on to finish 3rd (small tourney, only six get paid and only the final table makes points). The moral of the story is don't ever give up, as long as you have the famous "chip and a chair", you still have a chance. Good luck out there!!
    Bracelet Winner

Hi Joy, Yes, it just goes to show that a couple of nice hands at the right time can make a tourney. Here thankfully they fell right for you. I'm still looking forward to the day where you win the Women's Sunday! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by joy7108 View Post
      The moral of the story is don't ever give up, as long as you have the famous "chip and a chair", you still have a chance.
      You've got it Joy! Good job and keep it up.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

You're absolutely right Joy Picking the right time and position with the right cards makes all the difference Congrats While some will say "when you're low play any 2 cards", I opt for position and good cards and of course luck I'll take PGC vs ATC any time...lol umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
          Hi Joy, Yes, it just goes to show that a couple of nice hands at the right time can make a tourney. Here thankfully they fell right for you. I'm still looking forward to the day where you win the Women's Sunday! Raiser umbup:
          I'd love to win that one, but Sunday is usually not a good poker day for me. Right now I'm concentrating on the Women's $5.50 league, second place, I'm 2 points out of first with one day to go. Wish me luck!!
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.