PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play Money SnGs v Real Money SnGs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Money SnGs v Real Money SnGs

How closely do the Play Money SnGs match up with the Real Money ones, at a micro stakes level.

I have been playing a few Play Money 9 man single tables, as well as the 27 and 45 man multi table ones to try to get a feel for the structure etc.

Is this a waste of time in preparation for playing real money, or worth while?

Hi Henry!

Since I'm in the US, I've been playing a number of the 45 man play money ones. They are similar to the quarter ones, but are a bit easier..... especially near the bubble.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Here are my numbers in them.

quarter 90 man I was running at 38.5% ITM and an ROI of 144% before black friday

play money 320 chip 45 man: 44.5% ITM and ROI of 109.8% (with 2 bad variance streaks)

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
        Here are my numbers in them.

quarter 90 man I was running at 38.5% ITM and an ROI of 144% before black friday

play money 320 chip 45 man: 44.5% ITM and ROI of 109.8% (with 2 bad variance streaks)

John (JWK24)
        Thanks, that's useful.

Across the 9/27/45s I am just shy of 30% ITM, from memory over about 10 - 12 games. I'm not actually keeping records on them at the moment as I haven't yet finished the results tracking application I'm writing.

Comment

Hey Henry!

I really didn't play the 9 mans or 27 mans before black friday.

Here's my numbers on 7 orbits of the 320 chip play $$ ones since black friday.
          ITM: 49.2%
          ROI: 149.8%

small number of 25 cent 45's before black friday (very small number of games):
          54.5% ITM
          171% ROI

John
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I find the play chip 9mans get better at 25k buy in and up. Just took first this morning in a 150k 9man. love 'em too. the best part was one of my home club members was playing also and took 2nd. evil:
            Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.