PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$5.50 6 Max NLHE Tourney - 2 Hands that sunk me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $5.50 6 Max NLHE Tourney - 2 Hands that sunk me

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Just looking for your thoughts. Assume no real reads. Thanks.

Hi Folkstix! In the second hand, when the opp raises my flop bet with an overcard, most likely they hit a part of the board (J or trips). In this situation, I'm folding the 77 here. In the first hand, since nobody raised preflop and I hit top pair, I'm going to make a lead bet here of 1/2 pot. This way I can maybe get some of the opps off their hand, or at least get some info about what the opps may be holding. The turn puts a pair on the board (along with a flush draw, straight draws, or even a made straight from the flop). This would be the street that I would check, if any of the opps called my flop bet. I'd do this for both pot control and because I wouldn't know if I had the best hand. The river gives me a full house and depending on what the opps had done on the prior streets, I could bet or check (maybe going for a check/raise)... but it would depend on my reads for the other opps in the hand. I'm absolutely calling the shove here, but in most instances, the opp wouldn't even be in the hand if there had been bets/raises earlier in the hand. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.