PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best play with 99

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best play with 99

hello i win hand with 99 please watch replay hand this hand in 0.50 $ sit and go in pokerstars 90 player turbo umbup: my hand and my opponent in flop : i win a full house, Nines full of Tens my opponent lose a flush, Queen high please talk my strategy and my play
    Last edited by ussef61; Sun May 20, 2012, 10:07 PM.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.

Hi ussef,

I'm not a fan of limping in as the first one in the pot, I'd rather open for a raise at least to take the initiative.

The flop is just a check-fold, 3rd pair isn't good here very often, you still have another player to act behind you, and you can't take any heat on the turn if you don't catch one of your 2 outs (and even that card puts 3 to a straight on the board so it's still not an unbeatable hand).

On the turn I would bet now. The board is very draw heavy, the last thing we want to do is give the draws a free river. And we want to build the pot against top pair type hands that will call simply because there's so many draws possible they think they can still be in the lead.

On the river, again I would bet. Don't worry, the guy playing Q7s junk will raise you with his flush and you still get his stack. I prefer to bet to extract value from Jx hands, top pair is not likely to bet this river for us but they will call a bet. So in order to extract value from those types of hands I'm betting rather than letting them get a free showdown. Not worried about the guy getting in on the river having us beat, the only hand beating us is JT, JJ, or quads, and it seems very unlikely they will check through the turn with those hands on a super wet board.

Over all you got an ideal result, but things fell just right to make it happen I think. I would tighten up the loose flop call in a 3 way pot with 3rd pair, and try to extract value when you hit a big hand, especially on a very wet board it's not the time to get fancy or slow play.

Hope this helps.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.