PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knockout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knockout

This hand in today's SCOOP really puzzled me. Can someone please explain why cmdmac got the bounty and gmanwicksy did not?

Ok, not relevant to question, but I have to post this as well... After cracking the 9-set with the flush, he proceeded to crack aces with the 9-set (boating it) and got the bounty

Comment

WOW That guys a luck box! lol,,,, 13 dollar bounties equals lots of cat nip,,,, I got robbed of first one,,, Have fun in the Scoop!inidonk:inidonk:

Comment

ok chilly the only thing i can think of, is gman was all in on the turn, but the other playa still had 40 chips left, so when he bet his 40 and cmd cmd man called it was actually him who knocked the playa out, even tho gman one the pot

Thats my only senario,

Comment

Hm?
          They all went all-in on the flop...

Comment

they went allin but because gman didnt have him cover in chips there was a side pot of 80 chips thats why cmd one the knockout i think, if u play it back im pretty sure thats why, cause cmd had them both covered,

so basically, gman shipped yes all his chips, and every body also but gman didnt have him covered for the bounty but cmd did

Comment

thats all i can figure but as dave or jw they tell ya for sure

Comment

The starting stacks show why gmanwicksy cannot get the bounty.

gman has 4,930 chips, opponent has 4,970 chips before paying the blind, it is therefore impossible for gman to bust them - only cripple them - imagine they were heads up.

The bigger stacked player who takes the side pot with 2nd best hand takes the opponents last 40 chips and busts them, so they get the bounty.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
                4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
                  The starting stacks show why gmanwicksy cannot get the bounty. gman has 4,930 chips, opponent has 4,970 chips before paying the blind, it is therefore impossible for gman to bust them - only cripple them - imagine they were heads up. The bigger stacked player who takes the side pot with 2nd best hand takes the opponents last 40 chips and busts them, so they get the bounty. Good luck Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
                  Hey all! Ed is 100% correct on this one. Gman did not have the opp that busted's chips covered. Due to this, Gman wins the main pot... the 3rd player in the hand wins the side pot, but since the 3rd player got the loser's last chip, he gets the bounty. To get a player's bounty, you must take their last chip from them, which in this case unfortunately, gman had 40 chips less than the opp. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
                  Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.