PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1 45 man last 2 tables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1 45 man last 2 tables

Is shoving here the right play seeing as the guy is so short and I might have no fold equity, if that's the case I could be shoving for value? I think i can still make him fold and just ran into a hand.
    Last edited by darkmajik365; Thu Apr 26, 2012, 01:53 AM.

Hi darkmajik,

I have no problem with the shove personally. The villain has a short stack and a random hand, he can still fold and when he calls K5 plays well enough against his calling range.

If he calls 2/3rds of the time then that's a lot of folds, plus our hand equity when he does call is almost 47.5% vs. this wide a calling range. If he's only calling 1/3rd of the time our hand equity vs. this calling range is much worse (38.8%) but now he's giving up the pot way too often without a fight. Either way this is a spot I'm good going with personally.

Dave
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.